Applications for the Graduate Programs in Speech-Language Pathology (MS), Audiology (Aud), and Speech and Hearing Sciences (PhD) will open on November 1, 2017 at 8:00am. You will find the application here.
The application deadline is February 1, 2018.
You will need the following information to complete your application:
1. Personal Statement (pdf or word document)
Please submit a personal statement in the form of a one-page essay (single-spaced) that addresses the following:
a. Explain why you are specifically interested in the field of Speech-Language Pathology or Audiology or Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences. You may comment on aspects of the discipline that interest you, insights gained from coursework, clinical, research or other personal experiences.
b. Describe your career goals.
2. Resume (pdf or word document)
Please submit a resume that includes the following:
a. Any academic, scholarly, or professional awards you have received.
b. Leadership experience, extracurricular activities, and volunteer experiences.
c. If you have had any supervised clinical practicum experience, please indicate the number of hours and nature of the disorder(s).
3. Names and contact information for three (3) people who will provide Letters of Recommendation on your behalf.
4. Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores
5. Official Transcripts from all Universities and College you have attended. If you are currently enrolled, your transcript MUST include your FALL 2017 grades.
If your institution provides e-transcripts, these can be sent to the Graduate College (email@example.com) or the SLHS Graduate Coordinator, Denise Minopoli (firstname.lastname@example.org). The transcript must include the cover page.
If your institution does not provide e-transcipts, official transcripts should be sent to the following address:The University of Arizona Department of Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences Attn: Graduate Coordinator 1131 E. 2nd Street PO Box 210071 Tucson, AZ 85721-0071
6. PhD applicants will also need to include an example of Scholarly writing.
All applications received by the deadline (February 1, 2018) will be given equal consideration.
Acceptance letters will be mailed by March 15, 2018.