The importance for private support for the Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences Department at The University of Arizona has never been greater. It is gifts from our alumni and supporters of the department that help our program maintain its position as a top ranking program in the nation.
Your contributions directly go to what you determine is most aligned with your desires, whether it is helping us recruit and maintain the best students in the nation, assisting children or adult clients to receive outstanding therapy by our student and master clinicians, or providing help to our research faculty. We thank you for your donation and promise to use it in the most optimal way that will have the greatest impact. Without you, we would not have one of the best programs in the nation!
There are many easy ways to give and support the mission of the department. Gifts may be made in honor of a favorite faculty member, to congratulate a current student, or in memory of a loved one.
- A $25 gift can help build scholarship funds for therapy clients.
- A $50 gift makes it possible for us to supply students with new therapy materials.
- A $200 gift allows us to purchase up-to-date test materials and computer programs.
- A $500 gift allows us to refresh computers in research and student labs.
- Become an Annual Fund donor to support scholarship funds for our best students.
We strive to attract the best and brightest students to our program and to support their educational and research efforts. To do so, we partner with donors to provide:
- Funding for student research projects
- Travel support for students to participate in professional conferences
Our on-campus clinics and affiliated off-campus sites provide the contexts for teaching the next generation of speech-language pathologists and audiologists. We aim to provide evidence-based services in modern, efficient, and appealing environments. We also value the opportunity to serve individuals in our community with communication disorders, and we actively seek funding to provide assistance to those without the financial resources to pay for services. To that end, our goals include:
- Growth of clinical scholarship funds to support individuals in need of speech, language, or hearing services.
- Purchase and upkeep of advanced instrumentation for the evaluation and treatment of disorders of speech, language, swallowing, hearing, and balance.
- Update and maintenance of the physical structures to provide ideal environments for clinical training and service delivery.
Faculty Support and Endowment
The Department of Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences has a 35-year history as one of the top programs in the country. We attract faculty who are widely recognized for their leadership in basic and applied research that supports clinical practice in speech-language pathology and audiology. Our research faculty are complemented by clinical faculty who directly train graduate students in their respective specialties. Our goals are to attract, support, and retain outstanding faculty by:
- Growth of funds that support pilot research projects, course and special program development, and professional development activities.
- Supporting the development and maintenance of state-of-the-art facilities for research and clinical activities.
- Establishment of endowed chairs to help us retain superior faculty members and recruit outstanding new faculty.