Thomas J. Hixon Student Research Awards are competitive awards available to graduate and undergraduate students who are enrolled at The University of Arizona and who are involved in research in speech science and disorders. Students can apply for funds (up to $500) to pay costs incurred in research projects, such as subject money, supplies, equipment, or travel. The Student Research Award application form can be downloaded and submitted at any time.
Thomas J. Hixon Student Research Award applications will be judged by a committee, using the following criteria:
- The research is in the area of speech (including voice) science and disorders.
- The research is directed by a faculty member with an appointment in the Department of Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences.
- The funds requested are used to support the research project (for example, subject fees, supplies, equipment, travel) and do not exceed $500.
- Support for the requested funds may not be available from another source.
- The application is well developed and well written.
- Priority will be given to applications requesting support for projects related to doctoral dissertations and master’s theses (including preliminary research).
- Funding for successful applications will be contingent upon the availability of funds.
Submit applications or questions to Jeannette Hoit, PhD, via email at email@example.com.
Please consider supporting this award by making your donations to:Thomas J. Hixon Student Research Award The University of Arizona Department of Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences P.O. Box 210071 Tucson, AZ 85721-0071