In 2019, thanks to the work of our dedicated students, two groups were formed to address the needs and concerns of under-represented students. At the undergraduate level, we have SHCC – Speech-Language and Hearing Cats of Color and at the Graduate Level we have Speech, Language, and Hearing for Underrepresented Students (SLH-US). Please check out the great things they are up to!
SLHS has a tradition of participation in ASHA's Minority Student Leadership Program (MSLP).
Below, please find links to different organizations on campus that are here to support students. The Dean of Students Office is a central resource for almost any need students may have.
- Adalberto & Ana Guerrero Student Center
- African American Student Affairs
- Asian Pacific American Student Affairs
- Immigrant Student Resource Center
- LGBTQ+ Affairs
- Native American Student Affairs
- Women and Gender Resource Center
Equity and Inclusion
- Equity, Inclusion, & Title X
- Graduate College Office of Diversity and Inclusion
- Hispanic Serving Institutions
- Office of Institutional Equity
Resources for Daily Living
The Department of Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences is committed to creating and maintaining an environment free of discrimination -- in the classroom, the clinical setting, and the workplace. The University of Arizona Office of Institutional Equity provides education and support for these efforts.
The University of Arizona is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution. The University prohibits discrimination in its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information and is committed to maintaining an environment free from sexual harassment and retaliation.